When it comes to Sandboarding in Cape Town, Downhill Adventures was the first and is still the best! Our World-Champion equipment and teaching techniques guarantee you will have an exhilarating fun-filled experience in some of the most spectacular sand dune fields in Africa.
Downhill Adventures founder, Axel Zander, won the Sandboarding World Championships in Monte Kaolino in Germany in 1999. Axel continues to innovate and pioneer the sport by creating exceptional trips with a passionate team of professional guides.
It’s fast, a blast and easy to learn – with the inventors of Sandboarding!
The magnificent Atlantis Dunes field, just 30 minutes from Cape Town, is a perfect spot to Sandboard. Amazing views and white sand dunes ranging up to 35 metres (114 feet) make this a must-do adventure activity while in the Cape, one of the few commercial Sandboarding locations in the world.
Derived from Snowboarding, the sport is popular in areas with desert or coastal sand dunes. Unlike Snowboarding, however, which is largely seasonal, dunes are mostly available all year round.
Why book with us:
- We were the first company to start Sandboarding in South Africa in 1995 with over 20 years of experience
- We are the only company to use real snowboards, boots and bindings modified for sand
- With an impeccable safety record, we are the only company to offer lessons based on a real snowboarding lesson with registered guides
- Luxury transport from our shop in central Cape Town is included
- We specialise in smaller groups and require no minimum numbers to run a trip