Shark cage diving is a rare and not-to-be-missed experience while visiting Cape Town. As residents of Cape Town we are not only blessed with spectacular scenery but are also privileged to host one of the world’s most spectacular and endangered apex predators of the oceans, the Great White Shark. The Cape waters have the highest concentration of Great Whites on earth due to the abundance of naturally occurring Cape Fur seals.
With Downhill Adventures’ focus on Water and Ocean adventures, researching and studying, how the ocean’s predators interact and behave is of huge importance to us. Our aim is therefore to educate and teach respect for these magnificent creatures with whom we share the waters.
The shark cage diving and surface viewing boat trips we run are designed to get you close to the sharks without negatively affecting their natural behaviour. Our informative and experienced dive masters and skippers will share 50 years of collective experience and passionate dedication to preserving these kings of the ocean. We demystify the beast, while building confidence and respect so that more people can share the exhilaration of pursuing the ocean adventures of surfing, scuba diving, kitesurfing, kayaking and swimming.
Our aim is to educate you about the biology and conservation of the Great White Shark alongside a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Join us on one of our exciting eco-adventures of discovery and exploration that is truly unique to Cape Town.
Experience the raw power of the awe-inspiring Great White Shark in its natural habitat.
Why book with us:
- We specialise in smaller exclusive groups that allow for more personalised attention, fewer people in the cage, longer cage and surface viewing time, and a truly unique experience
- We focus on education, shark research & preservation
- We have a flawless safety record
- No diving experience is necessary, but Scuba equipment is available on request for certified divers
- We operate near penguin and seal colonies, which is a bonus for nature lovers, and there is a high probability of seeing the Southern Right Whales en route
- Our office is conveniently located in Cape Town’s city centre
- No minimum numbers to run a trip