As residents of Cape Town, we are not only blessed with such spectacular scenery, we are also privileged to host one of the worlds most spectacular and endangered apex predators of the Oceans, The Great White Shark. The Cape waters have the highest concentration of Great Whites on earth due to the abundance of naturally occurring Cape Fur seals.
With Downhill Adventures’ focus on Water and Ocean adventures, researching and studying how the ocean’s predators interact and behave is of huge importance to us. Our aim is therefore to educate and teach respect for these magnificent creatures that we share the waters with.
The shark cage diving and surface viewing boat trips we run are designed to get you close to the sharks without negatively affecting their natural behaviour. Our informative and experienced dive masters and skippers will share 50 years of collective experience and passionate dedication to preserving these kings of the ocean. Demystifying the beast, and building confidence and respect so that more people can share the exhilaration of pursuing the ocean adventures of surfing, scuba diving ,kite surfing, kayaking and swimming.
Our aim is to educate you about the biology and conservation of the Great White Shark while having a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Join us on one of our exciting eco-adventures of discovery and exploration that is truly unique to Cape Town.
Experience the raw power, and awe-inspiring Great White in its natural habitat
Why book with us:
- We specialise in smaller exclusive groups which allow for more personalized attention, fewer people in the cage, longer cage and surface viewing time, and a truly unique experience
- We focus on education, shark research & preservation
- We have a flawless safety record
- No diving experience is necessary, but Scuba equipment is available on request for certified divers
- We operate near penguin and seal colonies which is a bonus for nature lovers, and there is a high probability of seeing the Southern Right Whales enroute.
- Our office is conveniently located in Cape Town’s city centre
- No minimum numbers to run a trip
- We take last minute bookings