Our wine tasting tour of the Cape Winelands combines a leisurely bicycle or bus ride with lunch on the beach and wine tasting stops at two famous Constantia wine farms.
The drive to Cape Point is one of the most scenic in the world, with fantastic views of the Indian and Atlantic Oceans and indigenous Fynbos.
Tour through the spectacular setting of the Cape Point Nature Reserve with the option to ride a bike or sit in the tour bus. It’s the best way to experience the unique plant and animal life of this area – including close sightings of ostriches, antelope, baboons and mountain zebra.
The Nature Reserve offers spectacular coastal views, beautiful indigenous flora – including over 1100 different species of Fynbos – and up to 500-metre cliff view from the southernmost tip of the Cape Peninsula.
Once we reach the Nature Reserve, we unload the bicycles. You will feel alive cycling through this area as you breathe in the unique Fynbos scent, get close to indigenous animals, and feel the sea breeze on your face.
After the optional leisurely ride we have lunch on Cape Point beach and take in the vistas. Here you truly understand why Cape Town is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations.
After lunch we head for Constantia, home to some of the Cape’s finest vineyards, for a wine tasting tour. We visit one of the top South African wine farms – Steenberg and we try the selection of red and white wines.
This combination allows our clients to experience two of the biggest attractions in Cape Town on the same day. It is however in no way rushed. Once you have spent the day with us you will take home an experience that will be remembered for a lifetime.
Why book with us:
- All equipment is provided
- We have some of the best bikes in town – each of our high-performance Giant Talon bikes come with front suspension as standard
- Experience 1100 different species of Fynbos
- We offer convenient hotel pick-up from anywhere in Cape Town City Centre
- See the finest & oldest vineyards in Cape Town
- Learn about the Cape from a personal guide with commentary
- Enjoy the tour in an intimate group with a maximum of 14 people
- Look out for wildlife (Zebras, Baboons and more) in the Nature Reserve