Our surfing and tandem skydiving combo is one of Downhill Adventure’s most popular deals for couples and small groups.
Skydiving in Cape Town with Downhill Adventures has got to be one of the most thrilling experiences in the world. Our Skydiving takes place at an airfield on the West Coast which is about a 40-minute drive from Cape Town city centre.
We’ll start you on a Mini Mal surfboard, which is perfect for starting out.
Jumping out of an aeroplane at almost 10 000 feet above Cape Town and free falling for 25 to 30 seconds at 200 km per hour will absolutely blow you away. This much adrenaline should be illegal! The sheer rush of the free fall is combined with one of the most stunning aerial views of Cape Town, Table Mountain and Robben Island on a 4 to 5-minute parachute ride back to earth.
No experience is needed. The only criteria that must be adhered to: jumpers must weigh under 105 kg and more than 35 kg. A personalised certificate and optional video will serve as a lasting memory of a unique experience.
With all this adrenaline pumping through your system we head to our next activity – surfing! You’ll be happy to know that Downhill Adventures is the oldest surf school in Cape Town with years of relevant tips and experience to share. Our expert guides will first walk you through what you need to know and then show you the necessary techniques before heading into the water. In case you were wondering, we do provide wetsuits for surfing activities. Once you’re up, we’ll show you how to progress and really feel the stoke!
The lesson includes a theory on waves and the board plus plenty of hands-on help throughout the entire day, by the end of which you will be riding a couple of waves!
Why book with us:
- Over 20 years of experience – we are the oldest Surf School in Cape Town
- An impeccable safety record – we are the only company to offer lessons with registered surfing guides
- Our Skydiving offers tandem masters & ground staff and fully qualified pilots
- We specialise in smaller groups to give individual attention
- Beach choice is flexible to ensure the best surfing conditions
- Skydiving certificate received after your jump
- Luxury transport from our shop in central Cape Town is available
- Optional Skydiving DVD & pictures
- A proud, clean safety record since inception
- No minimum numbers to run a trip