Surfing is a popular activity that an increasing number of individuals are trying out. Expert guides will fill you in on surfers’ secrets of how to paddle out, read the ocean, catch a wave, and how to control your body to stand up. We’ll start you on a Mini Mal surfboard –perfect for starting out.
Lessons are structured to take the absolute beginner from surfing zero to wave-riding hero.
We give clients a lifetime of accumulated surfing tips, technical info and practical surf wizardry to get the most out of the day. Once you’re up, we’ll show you how to progress and really feel the stoke!
We’ll usually take you to Big Bay near Table View which offers a great range of waves in the safest waters in the cape. The view across the bay to Table Mountain and Robben Island makes this one of the most spectacular and scenic surf spots in the world. If the waves and weather are more suitable on the False Bay side, we’ll go to Muizenberg which offers great waves for learning how to surf.
Finally you’ll be transported to a wine farm situated in the Durbanville Hills area. Keep an eye out for different bird species and eagles on your way there. On arrival you’ll taste some of the best wines in the Cape and enjoy a delicious lunch. This is an ideal time to collect some great wines to take home with you. Please bring extra cash or a credit card in case you wish to do so.
Why book with us:
- Over 20 years of experience – we are the oldest Surf School in Cape Town
- An impeccable safety record – we are the only company to offer lessons with registered guides
- We specialise in smaller groups to give individual attention
- Beach choice is flexible to ensure the best surfing conditions
- Luxury transport from our shop in central Cape Town is included
- No minimum numbers to run a trip