Horse Riding on the beach is a relaxing activity. It is also ideal for family outings as we cater for almost all ages (12 to 65 years). When horse riding along the beach you could see a wide range of animals along the way – from different bird species to lizards and even dolphins and whales if you are lucky!
Riding experience is not essential as we allocate horses according to skill.
Our horse riding trails are two hours long and take place along the beautiful Noordhoek Beach on the Cape Point Route. Noordhoek is best known for its picturesque shoreline and long, wide, sandy beach. It is one of the most unspoiled and best protected beaches on the Atlantic Cape coast.
Arrival time is 30 minutes before the booking time so we can allow time to meet and greet, supply you with the correct horse riding equipment, sign indemnities, and have a safety talk.
The trail will be kept at a walk. Only in certain exceptions will there be a trot or a canter. In accordance with Table Mountain National Park’s rules no galloping is allowed on the beach at any time.
While all necessary safety precautions are taken, please bear in mind that horse riding is considered an extreme sport and horses all have their own personalities.
Why book horse riding with Downhill Adventures:
- It is a relaxing experience and great to de-stress and wind down out in nature
- It is enjoyable for the whole family, couples, individuals or for team-building activities
- Our guides are experienced and provide all necessary safety equipment and guidelines
- This is the perfect way to enjoy Cape Town’s most scenic surroundings and experience breathtaking views and indigenous bird-life
- We offer convenient transport from our office in Cape Town City Centre