The information data and material (“Information”) contained in this web site (“Web Site”) has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about Downhill Adventures, its subsidiaries and partners and the services that they offer. We try to ensure that information contained on this Web site is accurate and up to date. However, you should always verify the information before acting on it, by contacting us or contacting your local travel agent. All activities sold by Downhill Adventures are sold subject to our booking conditions, which should be read before making an online booking.
Bookings and cancellation terms:
Outside 30 days – 80% refund
Within 30 days – 50% refund
Within 14 days – no refund
Bad weather cancellation – 80% refund
1. The owner of this web site is Downhill Adventures whose address is Shop 1 Overbeek Building Orange St. Cape Town..
2. Your contract for bookings made through the Site is with Downhill Adventures
3. You must be eighteen years old to use this site. If you are under eighteen, you may only use the site in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use the site.
4. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
5. No contract for the sale of any service will subsist between you and Downhill Adventures unless and until Downhill Adventures accepts your booking by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for the services you have booked. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Downhill Adventures sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Downhill Adventures of your offer to buy services from Downhill Adventures or a third party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by Downhill Adventures.
6. This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
7. The confirmatory e-mail will also contain a link to these terms and conditions, and may be amended from time to time.
8. You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
10. You undertake that all details you provide to Downhill Adventures for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
11. You must choose a username and password on completion of registration. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and shall only use the Site under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If it is compromised, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password.
12. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Downhill Adventures as soon as possible.
13. The contents of the Web Site are intended for your personal non-commercial use. All materials published on this Web Site (including, but not limited to articles, features, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the “Content”) are protected by copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights and are owned or controlled by Downhill Adventures, or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through this Web Site.
14. This Web Site and its Contents are protected by copyright pursuant to English and international copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as provided in Section 15 of these Terms and Conditions), create new works from, distribute, perform, display or in any way exploit, any of the Content of this Web Site (including software) in whole or in part.
15. You may however download or copy the Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Web Site subject to the following conditions: The material may only be used for your personal non-commercial purposes. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Downhill Adventures or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Contents; All copies must maintain copyright and other intellectual property notices contained in the original material; The products, technologies or processes illustrated or described in this Web Site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by Downhill Adventures or by other third parties. No license is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights; and images, trademarks and brands displayed on this Web Site are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owner(s).
Access and Availability of service and links
16. This Web Site contains links to other related World Wide Web Internet sites, resources and sponsors of this Web Site. Since Downhill Adventures is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources, or their contents, you should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the site administrator or Webmaster of such site.
17. You shall have no rights to the proprietary software and related documentation, or any enhancements or modifications thereto, provided to you in order to access this Web Site (“Access Software”). You may not sub-license, assign or transfer any licenses granted by Downhill Adventures, and any attempt at such sub-license, assignment or transfer shall be null and void. You may make one copy of such software for archival purposes only. You may not otherwise copy, distribute, modify, reverse engineer, or create derivative works from Access Software.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
18. Downhill Adventures may from time to time change, alter, adapt, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions but if it does so it will post any such changes on this Web Site.
Changes to Website
19. Downhill Adventures may also change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Web Site, including the availability of any features, information, database or content or restrict your access to parts or all of the Web Site without notice or liability.
20. This publication is provided “as is” without any warranty (either express or implied) or implied term of any kind, including but not limited to any implied warranties or implied terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
Liability for losses
21. By accessing this Web Site you agree that Downhill Adventures will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of the information and material contained in this Web Site or from your access of other material on the internet via web links from this Web Site.
22. If an error is discovered in the price of the services that you have booked, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that you book an item and the price published on the Site is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfill your booking at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfill a booking for a service which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the booking at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the booking altogether. If you cancel and have already paid for the services in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount in accordance with these Terms.
23. Downhill Adventures will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
24. The exclusions and limitations contained in these Terms and Conditions apply only to the extent permitted by law.